Will Lr Die If Its Got Nofish With It

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bae1994

Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears.Beets.Battlestar
Reaction score
if i put crushed lr in my filter would it stay alive for like a week or two or do i need to add amonia

no it wont havefish in for like 1-2 weeks so no ammonia it will be ok wont it

no it wont havefish in for like 1-2 weeks so no ammonia it will be ok wont it

Yes, parts of it would die and feed the living parts, it will take a lot longer than 1-2 weeks to have complete die off.

if i put lr in the filter and then lr in the tank (both from other tank with fish in) would i be ok to add fish next day

if i put lr in the filter and then lr in the tank (both from other tank with fish in) would i be ok to add fish next day
There shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you have sufficient LR in your new tank for the volume of water, and likewise, sufficient flow around the live rock. Just keep an eye on your water stats for the first week, just to ensure that everything is stable.

Cheers,

AK

if i put crushed lr in my filter would it stay alive for like a week or two or do i need to add amonia

Live rock doesn't need light to survive, just bacteria, flow and heat :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

Really?! I never knew that. I thought it needed at least 2 watts per gallon to keep the coraline algea from dying off and nuking the tank.

Live rock doesn't need light to survive, just bacteria, flow and heat :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

Really?! I never knew that. I thought it needed at least 2 watts per gallon to keep the coraline algea from dying off and nuking the tank.

Whoever told you that was pretty stupid, coralline will not nuke a tank, you need something like large dead anemone or a dead sea apple for a nuked tank.

Anyway, watts per gallon is stupid.

fair enough

Most reactions

Back