Will Green Tiger Barbs, Opaline And Golden Gouramis And Boesmai Rainbo

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fishyfish890

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask whether green tiger barbs, opaline and golden gouramis and boesmai rainbow fish live together ok?
I do not mind if there is some fighting but not to much.

These are the stocking plans for the fish:

Green tiger barbs - 5 to 7

Opaline gouramis - 2
Golden gouramis - 1

Boesmai ranibow fish - 3

many thanks,
Fishyfish890

fishyfish890 said:
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask whether green tiger barbs, opaline and golden gouramis and boesmai rainbow fish live together ok?

Opaline gouramis - 2
Golden gouramis - 1

Boesmai ranibow fish - 3

many thanks,
Fishyfish890
Boesmani rainbow need to be in a group of 5 or more.

The opaline gourami and gold are one and the same species. only with a different genotype but same phenotype.

Tiger barbs are recommended in a species only setup and they may nip the fins of gouramis which are flowing.

what size is your tank by the way?

The gouramis fins will be ripped to shreds and your tank will be a mess because rainbows are fast movers and this may attract the attention of the tiger barbs

The tank size is 120l. I have kept a tank filled with 3 boesmai rainbow fish, 3 pearl gouramis and 4 gold barbs. I am not worried about the size of the group of boesmais but if you say 5 then so be it. The gouramis, I think will be ok. So if I have 5 tiger barbs and 5 boesmai rainbow fish would they not be as agressive to each other?

regards,
Fishyfish890

Also could anyone tell me, some good fish that could live with the fish above and do not fight to much?

Fishyfish890

fishyfish890 said:
The tank size is 120l. I have kept a tank filled with 3 boesmai rainbow fish, 3 pearl gouramis and 4 gold barbs. I am not worried about the size of the group of boesmais but if you say 5 then so be it. The gouramis, I think will be ok. So if I have 5 tiger barbs and 5 boesmai rainbow fish would they not be as agressive to each other?

regards,
Fishyfish890

Also could anyone tell me, some good fish that could live with the fish above and do not fight to much?

Fishyfish890
Barbs are technically a gamble. especially tigers, they are the most notorious for that kind of stuff.

The boesmani occur in groups of 50 or more in the wild which does give them more sense of security.

The exact dimensions of you tank are? boesmani need at leas 3 feet of swimming space

Cherry barbs are generally the safest of the barbs to go with, but you may become overstocked if you obtain even just 5 rainbow fish and 3 gourami. Your at maximum capacity right now if you do one 20% WC per week, though if you tripled your WC's you could probably add a shoal of barbs. Though it doesn't sound like those rainbow fish have a lot of swimming space...

I might go with a cory/loach species instead of the barbs, to occupy the bottom portion of the tank.

i have 5 tiger barbs, 2 green barbs, 2 gold barbs, 2 black ruby barbs with a red rainbowfish and they get along great

I have just replied on your other thread, you need to cycle the tank first before adding more fish. Please do not add more fish until the problems you are experiencing have been sorted.

Bosemani Rainbowfish need 120cm long tanks and even that is borderline IMO, I would prefer to put them a in 150cm long term.

No, star4 do not worry I'm not looking for more fish and I if I was I'm not adding them for another 8 weeks.

Ok, thank you everyone ofr your suggestions,

Fishyfish890

:) phew, just checking :) I didn't want you ending up with more problems that was all :)

Hi everyone,

Opaline gouramis - 2
Golden gouramis - 1

Boesmai ranibow fish - 3

many thanks,
Fishyfish890

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back