Will fish survive the construction next door?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Vlowman

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my fish tank - sat close too, but not touching, the wall between me and my neighbour.

We live in your standard Victorian terraced houses and they've just begun the process of knocking though the wall on the ground floor that will open up their living area - like so many (including us) tend to do in these houses. Part of that will involve seating a load bearing beam into the wall between us.

I can't imagine any of this is going to be a quiet, vibration free or particularly quick process - but I can't really imagine moving the tank either.

That said, please do offer your wisdom and advice!

Thanks!

Beautiful set up! But as GaryE said, unless they crash through your wall into the tank, it should be completely fine. The noises may stress some of the fish out, but it shouldn’t be a life or death thing. Possibly lower the amount of lighting they get (turning off the tank lights if you have any) for a bit longer everyday just so that when the construction is finished for the day they can rest extra long.

The construction won't be great, but the tank should be fine unless they crash through your wall.
On a side note, you shouldn't yell "Hey Kool-Aid!" near the fish tank either.

Most reactions

trending

Back