Will A Cleaner Shrimp Be Ok With My Bicolour Blenny

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

black molly3

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i was wondering would a cleaner shrimp be ok with my bicolour blenny as i realy love the cleaner shrimp and realy that is all i need to complete my tank (apart from corals etc)
will they get along because i have read that they can pic on invertebrates. has anyone here got a bicolor blenny with a cleaner shrimp.
thanks

I haven't got a Bicolour Blenny but I do have an Algae Blenny that I keep with 2 Cleaner shrimp. Great things to watch and occasionally "Bob" my Blenny will allow them to clean him. :)

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/marinefish/bicolorblenny.php

Food: Ecsenius bicolour (Bicolor blenny) feed on algae, plants and plants benthic.

They should be fine. I've got a couple of cleaners although I much prefer the fire shrimp/ bloodshrimp. The all red body and white legs with white dots is much more visually striking IMO. They also do an excellent job of cleaning the fish too.

20060827_003.jpg

my lsf have them so i might get one of them instead if they also clean the fish (thats the main reason why i want one just to watch lol) thanks for all your replys it has been very helpful

my lsf have them so i might get one of them instead if they also clean the fish (thats the main reason why i want one just to watch lol) thanks for all your replys it has been very helpful

They are only usually a couple of quid more than the Skunk Cleaners. For some reason my fish prefer the Fire shrimp to the Skunks Cleaners. He climbs all over them and isn't anywhere near as timid as they are. Maybe because he's a bit larger and more robust than they are?? It will find a place it likes, usually on a the back side of a tall rock pile (possibly feel more sheltered) and establish a cleaning station.

Its quite funny to watch them when you feed the fish, as it can taste the food in the water and comes running up to the top of the rock pile. As it does so, it gets caught in the current, and its tenticles get blown about everywhere. I had to laugh as a bit of food came floating by, which he'd missed twice already. He did a football keepers sideways dive and caught this bit of food, then returned to the rock pile.

The fish had spotted this and swam up to him to take it. The shrimp would not give in, holding it firmly in its pincers. "MY FOOD!!" :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back