Wildfires… our area is being evacuated

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I'm glad someone else has the body aches, thought I had some sort of influenza. I also have a mild but worsening sinus infection.
Nope it’s a thing :) I’ve had sinusitis for almost two months and it’s not great with this. The smog has given me a sore throat as well

A photo some hikers took from merchant peak
2BA5B512-0158-4584-8B79-6517AE24813C.jpeg

Oh my goodness Juice 😥 I hope you'll all be safe! It's times like this I thank God and reflect on just how fortunate I am to live somewhere this kind of thing never happens

The fire has jumped to the other side of the river overnight… this will make containment much harder

More photos from locals. The air quality is very bad, it is affecting my health. Bad body aches and low o2
B8E293FC-AE8F-4869-A00A-EB32E2F72181.jpeg
5D015867-A3D1-461D-A624-34D880EE346B.jpeg
75BBAD7F-5E7E-43DE-AFC6-C23D65102C34.jpeg

The fire continues to spread towards us, slowly. Only one outbuilding has been lost to the fire. All hikers have been evacuated. The terrain is rocky and steep and hard for them to fight. Another fire started around 15 miles from the first, yet to see how that fares. They are continuing the air attack on the fire.

It is expected to be contained at least mostly by October, until then it’s day to day. The air quality has improved and the spread has slowed as the wind has slowed down. As the humidity changes tonight it’s expected to pick up again

The fire continues to spread towards us, slowly. Only one outbuilding has been lost to the fire. All hikers have been evacuated. The terrain is rocky and steep and hard for them to fight. Another fire started around 15 miles from the first, yet to see how that fares. They are continuing the air attack on the fire.

It is expected to be contained at least mostly by October, until then it’s day to day. The air quality has improved and the spread has slowed as the wind has slowed down. As the humidity changes tonight it’s expected to pick up again
Glad to hear that they could be starting to contain it!
Hopefully it just moves really slowly and doesn't go fat at all.

The fire has burned a few hundred more acres. The fire team is on it 24/7. Over 200 firefighters. It’s well on its way to be contained though. Air quality is still awful.

There’s a new fire as well, this one in town, on the other side of us. A very large brush fire, has had a bunch of businesses evacuated. Hoping they put it out before it gets out of control.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back