Wildfires… our area is being evacuated

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JuiceBox52

Passionate about fish and their care
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
My small town is in the fire path. The road leading up to the mountains has 5 other towns before just forest. 3 have been evacuated and the next one (the only one between us and the fire) is on standby, probably evacuated by the end of the day. Police are telling people to pack up their livestock and be ready to go at a moments notice. The fairgrounds in the next town over has opened up their grounds for people to put their livestock. The church has opened up for families already evacuated, and already have people there. My family is buying food and water and air filters for the church. The sky is snowing with ash, brother went out to feed the chickens and his skin turned partly black

Oh no Juice...
I wasnt sure how close you were to the fires going on. I wanted to ask before but I didn't think you were that close!
Will you be evacuating?
How far do you have to go?
I swear... Canada is looking better and better 🤣

Oh no Juice...
I wasnt sure how close you were to the fires going on. I wanted to ask before but I didn't think you were that close!
Will you be evacuating?
How far do you have to go?
I swear... Canada is looking better and better 🤣
Canada deals with fires too :rofl:

It may not reach us but we are preparing. We’ve opened up our house to our friends who are in the standby zone in case they need somewhere to come.

Canada deals with fires too :rofl:

It may not reach us but we are preparing. We’ve opened up our house to our friends who are in the standby zone in case they need somewhere to come.
I know they do... But I'm just saying you rarely hear about something horrible happening there 🤣

may not reach us but we are preparing. We’ve opened up our house to our friends who are in the standby zone in case they need somewhere to come.
Hopefully it doesn't.
I'll be praying for you and your family.
Very kind of you to open up your home like that

You must have missed last summer when people died and towns were destroyed by fires in Canada
Must have??
I don't remember anything about the fires up in Canada last year... Maybe they just weren't publicized to certain states in the US. Im quite far from the Canadian/U.S border

You must have missed last summer when people died and towns were destroyed by fires in Canada
The heatwave here last summer killed hundreds in my area (upper western Oregon, western wa, western lower Canada) from the heat alone, not even the fires

The heatwave here last summer killed hundreds in my area (upper western Oregon, western wa, western lower Canada) from the heat alone, not even the fires
Like a husky going to Nevada in the summer :(... Big temp changes shock people as well as animals which can be lethal.
Sad

Must have??
I don't remember anything about the fires up in Canada last year... Maybe they just weren't publicized to certain states in the US. Im quite far from the Canadian/U.S border
It was in national news :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back