Wild betta splendens...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I like this. I have breed Betta Splendens on many occasions. Interestingly, I have never really had any trouble with aggression. As long as the tank is large enough and is planted well with lots of surface plants they seem to be fine. I believe that with these guys and most fish they like their territories. What we tend to do is disturb the tank and in so we destroy the territories that the fish have made, so fighting starts.

I like this. I have breed Betta Splendens on many occasions. Interestingly, I have never really had any trouble with aggression. As long as the tank is large enough and is planted well with lots of surface plants they seem to be fine. I believe that with these guys and most fish they like their territories. What we tend to do is disturb the tank and in so we destroy the territories that the fish have made, so fighting starts.
Oh yes, even with fancy ones, you can keep multiple ones in one tank without any aggression if the tank is large enough, so they can have their own territory.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back