wiggly white worm

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

finfayce

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hi- i discovered a disgusting little worm thing in my amano tank. it’s about 1/4” long, white. no find or legs- just like worm.
my OCD re: bugs is going nuts!
what is it- is it contagious to people or the shrimp. must have come in with the java moss mats. i bought the mats from the place that sold my shrimp. i felt sure that site would sell quality stuff. actually it was on amazon but same name Aquaticarts. i have mentioned before that i now have snails as well. also the java moss is slowly thinning out.
what is best live plant for my shrimp? has anybody found a source that doesn’t sell plants with disgusting worms?!😧
can’t send pic- i “ bravely “ squished it - but i bet there are more.

hi- i discovered a disgusting little worm thing in my amano tank. it’s about 1/4” long, white. no find or legs- just like worm.
my OCD re: bugs is going nuts!
what is it- is it contagious to people or the shrimp. must have come in with the java moss mats. i bought the mats from the place that sold my shrimp. i felt sure that site would sell quality stuff. actually it was on amazon but same name Aquaticarts. i have mentioned before that i now have snails as well. also the java moss is slowly thinning out.
what is best live plant for my shrimp? has anybody found a source that doesn’t sell plants with disgusting worms?!😧
can’t send pic- i “ bravely “ squished it - but i bet there are more.
btw—,when i did online search, it was suggested to remove living things and clean tank and gravel with bleach. sounds toxic. also hydrogen peroxide was mentioned also sounds too iffy for shrimp. ughhh help!

I wouldn't worry too much unless there's a colony of worms, some worms are a natural part of an ecosystem and arent harmful.
thanks for not using bleach or any "cleaner" a lot of folks kill their whole aquarium that way. and did they look like detritus worms? they eat fish waste and plant matter so they arent harmful. when I find these I just remove them manually via net.

I wouldn't worry too much unless there's a colony of worms, some worms are a natural part of an ecosystem and arent harmful.
thanks for not using bleach or any "cleaner" a lot of folks kill their whole aquarium that way. and did they look like detritus worms? they eat fish waste and plant matter so they arent harmful. when I find these I just remove them manually via net.
oh good to know. thank you.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back