Wich Equipment ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

psycho-killer

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
ok,i have a few bucks left thought wich of the following 3 will i benefit the most from?

calcium reactor ?

phosphate reactor ?

kalkwasser stirrer ?

i thought the calcium ?

I would agree chrissaysyes. No point just getting something at random. You should check your params and get the one that you require (the most)! Because it would be pointless myself or others to tell you to get one thing when in fact your tank could do with another. I hope you get my drift! ;)

tell of what you have in the tank, and what parameters do you have problems with if you have any problems at all.

hehe,yeah prolly a dumb quastion

the tank is only being build now im just busy getting skimmers heaters powerheads filter media and so together,,,was thinking of adding something but ill do that later if i have a problem,

hehe,yeah prolly a dumb quastion

the tank is only being build now im just busy getting skimmers heaters powerheads filter media and so together,,,was thinking of adding something but ill do that later if i have a problem,

phosphate reactor

if you have a nice fuge, low stock, RO/DI water, then phosphate reactor might not be needed. If you have all that with low calcium level trying to grow sps and lps corals, well... calcium reactor. If you have calcium and alk problems then kalk reactor.

I'm a little wary of tellin him to use the calcium reactor. I don't mean to downplay his knowledge/skills, but they're complicated and tricky to setup and not the easiest for newbs to use. Heck, I won't even use one myself for the potential to crash my system

Most systems can be totally satisfied with their calcium needs from kalk alone (which is simply pickling lime). Cheep and easy. Of course you still need waterchanges to keep everything ballanced.

While they are not needed, a dosing pump and kalk reactor or even just a big bucket for kalk mixing are high on my list of add on items.

The only needed items are:
salt salt salt for water changes.

Filteration prefferably live rock and prefferably most of it remote

Lights
cleaning tools
heat/cool (titanium heater and fan is what I usually end up with)

Water flow devices

High on my list is
control device for heaters (all in one heaters suck) and light schedules and fan on off (ACjr for me btw)
dosing pump(s)
Skimmers! other than on systems > 75g then waterchanges are bang for buck (and I wont run a 55g tank... poor shape so >30 really).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back