Why Would My Pygmys Suddenly Be Frightened?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Twinklecaz

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Very strange. They've always been ok but since yesterday I keep seeing a couple of them shooting around the next, especially when I go near there them. They're really manic? :S

Sorry, I don't really understand your description of whats wrong, but it could possibly be mating behaviour. If not then it might be symptomatic of a water quality issue or something.

Hi

Yeah ha ha sorry, I wrote that really quickly before I started work. Yeah they just keep zipping around the tank like they're frightened, to the point one of them bumped in the glass yesterday. I couldn't see a couple of them either so I did wonder if they are hiding and mating?

tested water on Friday and all was good then. Though my PH is a bit higher than it was (now about 7.6).

I hope they're not mating, I don't have room for any more lol!

There are plenty of videos of cory mating behaviour on youtube, maybe watch some of them so you can keep an eye out for it in your tank. Other than that, keep an eye on water params and for any sign of disease. Haven't kept pygmies so can't really comment in any more detail I'm afraid.

on the rare occasion mine venture to the front of the tank they do the same, they are getting braver though and will sit at the front when theres food :lol: i have 14 and only ever see 6-8 at one time but my tank looks like an overgrown jungle :lol:

The first thing to consider when fish suddenly change behavior is water quality. I noticed that you said your pH has changed. Why has that happened?

Corydoras are just insane fish, the swim all over the tank, sometimes crashing in the glass my pandas and my bronze do this.

The first thing to consider when fish suddenly change behavior is water quality. I noticed that you said your pH has changed. Why has that happened?

Hiya, nothing in the last few weeks. When I say it's changed, that's not all that unusual. It tends to move about from about 7.2 to about 7.6.

The only thing that worried me is a woke early Sunday morning to hear my Sparklers making loads of racket, more than usual. So I don't know if that's frightened them or something?

Most reactions

trending

Back