FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
736479AB-07F1-4070-B6F3-7559B359EA62.jpeg
E244473C-587F-4849-9AD9-4D781427E7AF.jpeg

Iv been soaking this wood for 7 days now and it’s still as buoyant as canoe it’s been boiled and stripped of all bark even drilled a hole down through the top to encourage water inside . This wood is doing my tree in ( pun intended) any ideas on speeding this up as waiting around weeks on end wasn’t the initial plan

Just get a rock and tie it to the wood with a black cable tie or a rubber band.

Just get a rock and tie it to the wood with a black cable tie or a rubber band.
I was thinking of that but it’s still leaching tannins all my tabk is South American so not the worst thing just not after black water at the moment

Glue suction cups to the areas which it will connect to the tank

Glue suction cups to the areas which it will connect to the tank
I’m thinking I’m going to have to manually sink it at some point as I have no idea on what wood it is and it could take a lifetime to finial sink , a piece of wood that size wouldn’t effect 500l ph over a week would it I mean I do weekly water changes like most and don’t buffer my tap water is always 6.5-7 and tank water often drops to 6-6.5 in the week leaving me able to change straight from the tap , the fresh tannins from this would , would they effect This

I’m thinking I’m going to have to manually sink it at some point as I have no idea on what wood it is and it could take a lifetime to finial sink , a piece of wood that size wouldn’t effect 500l ph over a week would it I mean I do weekly water changes like most and don’t buffer my tap water is always 6.5-7 and tank water often drops to 6-6.5 in the week leaving me able to change straight from the tap , the fresh tannins from this would , would they effect This
I'd be surprised, but I suppose it is possible. If you didn't do weekly water changes, then it probably would drop your PH. Just monitor it with a liquid test kit. Could tie fishing wire to the wood and tie to down to other pieces of wood/rocks in the aquarium if gluing suction cups to it didn't work. That would hold it down

Just leave it in the bucket floating around. It will sink eventually and there is nothing you can do to speed the process up.

FYI, the picture of the hammer on the wood, bloody hilarious :)

Just leave it in the bucket floating around. It will sink eventually and there is nothing you can do to speed the process up.

FYI, the picture of the hammer on the wood, bloody hilarious :)
? Literally the first thing I saw to weigh it down lol

5FA04BA9-54D7-4915-8C08-F880035E1E76.jpeg

New plan .. Iv silicone it to some slate , it was white silicone so stuck some fake foliage there , I’m not hard to impress but I’m impressed lol

I did the same with a large piece of DW, buried the slate in sand, filled the tank with water, the DW yanked the slate out of the sand, and the entire thing went crashing into my glass lid.

I'd still continue to soak until it sinks.

I did the same with a large piece of DW, buried the slate in sand, filled the tank with water, the DW yanked the slate out of the sand, and the entire thing went crashing into my glass lid.

I'd still continue to soak until it sinks.
The slate isn’t very heavy to be fair but still sinks the wood I was in two minds weather to bury the slate as it’s a good breeding area for my electric blue acara instead plant some swords in front to hide it kind of think , after a month or so il take the wood off the slate anyhow

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back