Why the change in name?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yes, but not many know that. Proof of that is we've had more talk of piranhas in the week since I've changed it than in the whole time this forum has been here and also all piranha talk was previously in the Oddball forum.

I've also received many PM's with questions about piranhas since I've added it. I'm sure it will be changed back, maybe in the near future but wanted to get the word out about them is all.

They live in the same waters and I also wanted to keep all the feeding of live fish in one forum if possible.

hmmmmmmmm perhaps u should make the chracans/piranhas forum that would make more sense then they would be going to the right place :thumbs: rather than pairing them with cichlids... :D

aernympha said:
hmmmmmmmm perhaps u should make the chracans/piranhas forum that would make more sense then they would be going to the right place :thumbs: rather than pairing them with cichlids... :D
That isn't my forum that is Lateral Lines forum and I'm the one who knows about piranhas.

I also don't want to have to have the talk of feeding feeder fish on a daily basis out in the forum yet. Once it becomes mainstream talk, it might be different, but I get enough PM's about that talk now as it is. If it's kept here in New World, I can just tell them not to come into this particular forum if they don't like that kind of talk.

SMB,
You and I have discussed this before but what is wrong with putting "Feeder fish" out on the forum? I know as a Mod that you can't make everyone happy and it usually makes YOUR job easier if you don't try. Anyways I kind of understand why the forum makes this policy but by "hiding" it, it will just take that much longer for people to come around to understanding that it is just part of having fish.
Now how many piranha do you have and are they red bellies or something different ????
Signed,
Sondan

You and I have discussed this before but what is wrong with putting "Feeder fish" out on the forum?

IMO? Absolutely nothing at all.

Anyways I kind of understand why the forum makes this policy but by "hiding" it, it will just take that much longer for people to come around to understanding that it is just part of having fish.

This isn't a forum policy at all, just my personal one. It's only temporary at that. In the past anyone who spoke of feeding live fish I got a ton of PM's and there was a lot of preaching. Which is fine, that's my job...to handle stuff like that and I enjoy it but until it becomes more mainstream here I thought this was the best solution, even if temporary. Maybe I was wrong. :dunno: Wouldn't be the first time. :D

I'm all for the feeding of live fish and also the talk in all of the forums about it.

The fish I have now are in my sig but I've kept cichlids for about 27 years and piranhas for about 17 years. I can't even remember all the cichlids I have but I've had most piranhas. I wrote a little bit of info about the ones I have kept...

http://fish.orbust.net/forums/index.php?ac...=15&t=6985&st=0

OK SMB,
Now that was a helpful article. Now with so many damn fish you have had what do you do for a living???? I know you are a Bass Fisherman but last I checked...that doesn't pay the bills.
Signed,
Sondan
P.S. About the being wrong part.....I doubt it. :no:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back