Why she stick to the upper part?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

poothebear

Reaction score
70l tank with 6 Rosy Barbs, 3 female, one of them (as seen in the video) sticks to the upper part of the filter all the time. What might be the reason and the right action to take? Many thanks!

Try to increase airation first that may help. If you have no airpump, move the filter outlet so it breaks the water surface more.
Do a water test to see if anything else is going on too. Including tank temp

Did that.

Water test - All metrics are fine except high general hardness and PH level is 7. Temp is 22 Celsius (which should be fine for this fish).

How did you cycle your tank ? Why are the water test readings , any level of ammonia?

Put more plant in the tank, up to 50% of the tank volume. I think the tank is a little cool. Lift the temp to 25.

Put more plant in the tank, up to 50% of the tank volume. I think the tank is a little cool. Lift the temp to 25.

Natural plant or just for hiding? Why 25 - According to most sources Rosy appreciate 18-22?

Natural plant or just for hiding? Why 25 - According to most sources Rosy appreciate 18-22?
From what I can see online rosy barbs do like cooler water , I was also leaning on it may be low but the range is saying 18-22 so possibly maybe drop it down lol

I'll stand corrected everywhere it says you are right 22 is fine. I am surprised, but we learn all the time.

I'll stand corrected everywhere it says you are right 22 is fine. I am surprised, but we learn all the time.
I’m also a bit shocked I automatically assume 25-28 , I’d end up killing fish thinking they were cold and they were hot

Does it look like she is being sucked into the intake? Or does it look like she is just playing?

Assuming that the fish isn't ill, it looks to me like it's trying to hide. Add more plants.

Rosy Barbs are not tropical fish. They’re subtropical, and 25 is about their upper limit in the wild. Their lower limit is about 16. Even 22 is warm for them. Not too warm, but warm all the same. I would definitely not increase the temperature. :)

Weak fish get pulled toward filter suction, there's something wrong with the fish, you can tell by the very pale color.
How long has the tank been set up, how was it cycled, and how long have you had the barbs?

Most reactions

trending

Back