Video Why my gold fish behaving like this?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ama

Reaction score
I noticed my comet goldfish is often trying to climb and come out from my pond. Why this behaviour happening. Pond water capacity is around 500 litre and guppies and platies are companions) sorry for the unclear screenshot, i couldn't upload the video...
Screenshot_2019-09-16-17-39-10-834_com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer.png
Screenshot_2019-09-16-17-39-10-834_com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer.png
I
Screenshot_2019-09-16-17-40-04-737_com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer.jpg

If the fish are trying to get out of the water, there is something in the water that is stressing it out.

Test the water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.

Do a 75% water change and suck any gunk out of the bottom. Do this each day for a week.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Increase aeration/ surface turbulence to circulate the water and maximise the oxygen levels in the water.

If you have a filter on the pond, clean it in a bucket of pond water.

If the fish are trying to get out of the water, there is something in the water that is stressing it out.

Test the water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.

Do a 75% water change and suck any gunk out of the bottom. Do this each day for a week.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Increase aeration/ surface turbulence to circulate the water and maximise the oxygen levels in the water.

If you have a filter on the pond, clean it in a bucket of pond water.
Thanks, I'll do water change ASAP

He looks like he’s just eating to me. Is it just his head coming out? Mine do that when they’re going after the floating ponds sticks I feed them. If you look at the pics closely, his gills are still in the water. I think he’s fine.

By the way, my pond is a 150 gallons and I still drain 75% each week and vacuum it. Small ponds need to be cleaned like we do fish tanks. Be sure to use dechlorinator.

He looks like he’s just eating to me. Is it just his head coming out? Mine do that when they’re going after the floating ponds sticks I feed them. If you look at the pics closely, his gills are still in the water. I think he’s fine.
But i already fed them before i captured this picture and sometimes half of his body comes out of water and it's only happen on the edges of the pond...

He’s nibbling in the algae growing on the sides. :) Goldfish will eat constantly if you let them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back