🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

concentration

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I currently have a tank with few fishes in it

When I try to add somemore new fishes , here is what's happening

End of
Day 1, ammonia =0 no2 0 , no3 10
Day 2 a=0 no2 =0 , no3 30 ( water change) 2 fishes found dead, not the new added one

Day 3, a = 0.25, no2= 0.25 , no3 20(water change) 1 fish found dead, new added one

Day 4,a =0, no2 =0.25 no3= 20(water change)
Day 5 a=0, no2 =0, no3, found 3 new added fishes dead

Any idea what's goes wrong ?

If it's because I add too many fishes at the same time , is there any way I can get through it ? I water change almost everyday, with adding those bacteria stuff in it , while it maybe the best if I can add one fish at a time, the pets shop around would only allow me to buy six in a pack

Would it be possible that there is water changes too much ?( I think I change about 30 40% each time as I see the ammo and no2 is not zero

The fishes show no sigh of sickness , no white spot , no broken tail , morning they are fine , when I am back from work, found 3 dead ,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How big is your tank and what sort of fish do you have and are what are you trying to add?

How big is your tank and what sort of fish do you have and are what are you trying to add?
Around 30l , I have 4 guppies and was trying to add 6 all are guppies ,

Also while it's Not recommended to over stock fishes ,and I. Not saying I will try to over stock , but why those pet shop and stock 30 fishes in a 20 l tank but they looks fine ?

On the other hand I am using a hang on filter, I put seachem matrix in it , two air stone ,few plants , and a suppose to be no3 reactor inside the water (not sure if it's working or not shouldn't hurt )
All the setup has been running for months

Whenever i add new fishes they keep dying , until there are few left

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Around 30l , I have 4 guppies and was trying to add 6 all are guppies ,

10 guppies in a 30l tank? Way overstocked, 4 male guppies is the limit for that tank.

How are you treating the water? Eg Seachem prime?

10 guppies in a 30l tank? Way overstocked, 4 male guppies is the limit for that tank.

Yes I use seachem prime , to treat the water , I also use stability for adding Ben bacteria, using seachem matrix inside filter and denitrie inside no3 reactor , I am not sure if I calculated my tank right or not , water parameters are ok ( other than the 0.25 in no2 which never happen before , )the no3 are always around 10 (I miss posted as 20) if water parameters is ok , why can't accept abit more fish ? What causes the dead ?

My water source is zero in no 2 no3 and pH are stable at 7to 7.4

And why pet store can keep around so much more fishes in a similar and smaller tank ? Any secret to that ?

I also use stability for adding Ben bacteria, using seachem matrix inside filter and denitrie inside no3 reactor
If your tank is cycled you don't need to add any of this stuff.

All I would do is use Prime @ 2 drops per gallon of water at water change time, and only treat the new water.

Your tank is 30 l ( 7ish gallon ) if you were changing 50% of the water ( 3ish gallons) that means you only add 6 drops of Prime.

but why those pet shop and stock 30 fishes in a 20 l tank but they looks fine ?
Because usually those tanks are connected to huge sumps.

While you see this out front.
IMG_1046_fresh+fish+aisle.jpg

In the back it might look like this.
7482724044_8f2068cea1_o.jpg

If your tank is cycled you don't need to add any of this stuff.

All I would do is use Prime @ 2 drops per gallon of water at water change time, and only treat the new water.

Your tank is 30 l ( 7ish gallon ) if you were changing 50% of the water ( 3ish gallons) that means you only add 6 drops of Prime.

Because usually those tanks are connected to huge sumps.

While you see this out front.
IMG_1046_fresh+fish+aisle.jpg

In the back it might look like this.
7482724044_8f2068cea1_o.jpg
So it's all about filtering? So technically ppl can increase fish stock if I got better filtering ? But if it's filtering is in sufficient, shouldn't it reflected in the water parameters?

So it's all about filtering? So technically ppl can increase fish stock if I got better filtering ? But if it's filtering is in sufficient, shouldn't it reflected in the water parameters?

I may have missed out sth , but I tested the water in the fish store , the water in my home , if any difference, is having lower no3 that's all , is there anything about their water that is not reflected?

Taking your first pic as example , the tank size is around 18L I think ?

is there anything about their water that is not reflected?

I don't know, I think its an issue at your end
When you add the fish, how do you do it?
Are you running an air stone? Small tank lots of fish and warm water can = low oxygen levels.

I don't know, I think its an issue at your end
When you add the fish, how do you do it?
Are you running an air stone? Small tank lots of fish and warm water can = low oxygen levels.
I run a hang on filter , 2 air stone , a inwater no3 reactor ,( not sure if it's doing the job but no3 is always below 10)

When I add new fishes , I give them 20 MiB to match the temp of the tank water , add seachem stability, as I expect there will be a extra bio loan coming , added abit of aqua salt ,

Most reactions

trending

Back