Why Does My Skimmer Have Water Coming Out?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Eigdoog

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,

This is my 1st post here and tank so...

I have tryd setting everything up right and i think i have done well.
But my skimmer seems to always have water coming out of the air intake? or so i think it is, and when i tryed to find something on the net that would tell me about it i could not find anything but that its new (i think)

its a (instant Ocean Skimmer 400) www.aquariumsystems.eu

The manual does not help me at all it just kinda shows what things are not what they do or how they work.

and as for the bubbles there are so many in my tank cause of this skimmer, i try to keep them low in the skimmer or they will full the top bit up in 30 seconds.

I would upload a pic but i dont know how as it wants a link? can i do this from myspace? if so ill try it

Many Thanks Eigdoog :good:
P.S. sorry for spelling :crazy:

Skimmers can be tricky things when first bedding in. I saw another similar post a while ago with a similar problem. It ended up being a bit of tubing that was kinked and stopping the thing from functionong properly. Check and make sure all pipe work and bits are where they should be first.

As for the bubbles going back into the tank. I think this type of skimmer should have/can buy a typr of collection cup for the water overflow to go into to help reduce the bubbles going back into the system.

Well, i will check everything soon i got to do a water change on my other for now :rolleyes:

As for the cup you said there is a cup thing with a sponge in it but loads of bubbls come from and it seems to over flow as well and i dont think it is ment to do that.

I am going to go back to the shop later and ask them but i posted on here as i think i am in need of the help with my new tank... first night i set it up i lost 2 gallons on the floor and had to move it :angry:

But thanks ill get right on it :hyper:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back