Why does my Bristlenose Pleco look like ybis

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Greengillian

Reaction score
My fish is less than a year old, probably around 3 inches. I feed her exclusively algae tabs because she won’t bother with veggies. Tank has been treated for ick in the past as that’s what I thought it was. She has had these white patches for months(they never went away with treatment) and recently is less active than normal. I am very new to fishkeeping, this is one of my first fish. She is in a 105 litre tank with 7 nerite snails and 2 black devil snails. She has a heater to keep water around 25degrees Celsius. I have a UV light but don’t put it on because she is the only fish and I read plecos are sensitive to light. There’s drift wood in the tank as I understand she needs this for her diet. Sorry if this is TMI, just trying to give as much info as possible so I can get the right advice
0F7E4CA6-08EC-4943-BDFA-6172EB1628E7.jpeg

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

Looks like natural coloration to me.

Welcome! Like Pheonix said, it looks pretty normal... I've noticed more advanced/complex colouration in some of my fish as they grow older, could just be that. Keep an eye out for anything that seems abnormal, of course.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back