Why do my guppies spend hours and hours

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kitty falol

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
We have just 2 guppies in a 60 litre tank(15US/13UK gallon). We're 2 weeks into the cycle and we sadly lost 2 guppies last week to velvet :(

When we first got them they were really active and playful, but when they lost their mates they became very subdued. I'm a bit loathed to put any fish in as they're just getting over some white spot.

Anyway, what is the fascination with sitting on the filter? They're looking very healthy now and my water levels are almost done so what's the fascination with the filter? They used to play in the in the current, but now they just sit on there :/

this during th eday or night? when its night and i check upon my fish, they are all floating or just leaning against rocks.

They're a little bit more active while their light is on, but they do seem to spend an awful lot of time, both day and night over the filter. I just wondered what the fascination was :thumbs: Is it more pleasant for them there for some reason?

my fish love the filter too. they don't sit on it but they swim above and around it all the time. i think it's because of the current or maybe the air bubbles that they like. who knows but they seem to enjoy it

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back