Why Do It?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bjanbkboi

Reaction score
Just wondering what motivates you guys to keep your fish, plants, etc. Since there are many people who would throw in the towel after a month or 2, what makes everybody here keep on going despite the setbacks and everything?

ive always thought tanks look amazing when done rite!!!!! and as soon as i got mine and put my 1st fish in, just fell in love with it!!!! can spend ages just watching them little (and big) guys swim about all day!!! and now i got 2 female swordtails breedin like crazy, i feel abit ov a father figure watching over them :rolleyes: !!!!

...........its a centre piece in my front room!!!!

We don't quit on our little buddies, we made a commitment to looking after their lives and we're sticking to it.

...and besides, after the first six months or so, you realize tanks are more addictive then cigarettes :lol:

one reason i keep fish is because i like seeing fish flapping their little fins. i think it's very cute. :lol:

Just wondering what motivates you guys to keep your fish, plants, etc. Since there are many people who would throw in the towel after a month or 2, what makes everybody here keep on going despite the setbacks and everything?

What they don't realise is that after a few months you have a more stable tank, you can balance the elements a little more, and get your maintenance down to a T.

So then its more about enjoying it than worrying, dealing with dieing fish etc..

Squid

keeping fish isn't that hard. the hard part is buying fish. If you do that right then they practically keep themselves. change a little water drop in a little food and maybe scrape some glass and I'm done.

because they are so many fish out there that i would like to keep.
plus when you have compleated a big project on your tank, you can sit back, admire your work and be please with your self, alos i love watching the little guys swim around. so relaxing

I recently set up a 26 US gallon bowfront. I bought good equipment, did a little upfront research, used BioSpira ( so had no issues whatsoever with cycling), and am now just doing weekly maintenance. I had no setbacks whatsoever and the tank is beautiful with crystal clear water.

Why keep any pet? I like the little buggers and want to keep them happy and healthy just like a dog or a cat (I prefer them to dogs and cats really.) The live plants are worth it as my fish enjoy them, plus they look pretty most of the time. Haven't found anything frustrating about them yet, well, besides trying to convince people that red tailed black sharks aren't a good idea in a ten gallon aquarium. I actually enjoy the maintenance, I'll do water changes to relieve stress sometimes.

For me the whole thing fell into place and became enjoyable when I started really learning about them; it's looking at behaviour and recognising what it means that really makes it worthwhile. I wouldn't bother if it was just a decorative thing.

Pure pleasure when everything does go well!
We've had setbacks along the way but the pros outwait the cons. I love keeping fish and I love learning about them along the way. As someone already said, when you've completed the set-up you get to sit back and enjoy the work you've put into it!

I've had bad times, but learnt alot through them.
The more you learn the happy the fish.
Put alot of time and effort into my fish, and hours and hours of learning.
It's beginning to pay off now so i'm happy and so are the fish.

I'm not really sure, I just love my fishies so much!
I wanted a pet, and the most common one I thought I could keep was a fis. Then I looked more into fishkeeping and now I'm addicted!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back