🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

nic1

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Have a read of this.....
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=6937

https://www.instagram.com/elya_bulochka/

MOD EDIT:
Remember in replying to this topic to ensure that your comments are within the boundaries set up by the Forum Rules.  Inappropriate comments made in this thread will be removed and infraction points will be awarded.  Please use discretion and diplomacy in expressing your feelings, no matter how strongly you feel about this topic.  

Here was part of her explanation:"A list of creatures in this high humanity directive is a result of a strict public bouncer control and filtering for yummity; no one will compare attitude to cute furry kitten and to rubbish skin rash rat.
We have made a photo shoot with dead fish.
Yes, these fishes have died.
Yes, these fishes were beautiful in live and in dead.
Yes, these fishes have passed the yummy test they are in VIP list.
We were blamed for inhumanity, we are torn into pieces in comments and media, and we are insulted, even cursed. People are DELIRIOUSLY sorry for the fishes. We are told these victims were not necessary."
Then she goes on to say that humans are worse because we use oil and plastic goods and are destroying the earth. So we should worry about that more than fish.

If I was her, I'd be worried about getting my head kicked in the next time I take a walk to the shops to get another batch of innocent fish to slaughter for the name of art and humanity.
She is absolutely taking the wrong approach to making people think differently about the way we use 'goods that destroy the earth'

I just cant stand people who use innocent creatures and animals for the sake of entertainment, I don't even watch those stupid reality programs where they eat live bugs and I HATE Bear Grylls for taking bites out of passing animals for the name of entertainment, and those dumb tv programs where they are dropped off on an island to see if they can survive, It makes me so mad.  Rant over!

Disgusting and appalled ... there are no other words that spring to my mind

Oh, boy.
Well, as wrong as it is... she's trying to raise awareness... I guess. Not really, no. 
I'll feel sorry for any living thing that has to die to some... ridiculous reasoning. Wearing dead fish on your face isn't going to raise awareness about negative human impact on nature. 

I hate when people down look on others for feeling sorry for a fish. I think it's just that they're so common and so many of them, people don't bat an eye towards them. Because y'know, we'll just go buy some new fish...
They never see, to take to account that fish are still living things that can be feel fear, stress, etc.

She wasn't killing the fish to raise awareness for issues. She killed the fish to use for "art" and when she got such extreme backlash, she justified it by saying we do worse things to humanity than killing fish.

So an even bigger idiot, Ive already commented one one of her pictures, I will probably be banned from instagram very soon! 

AmtotheBurr said:
She wasn't killing the fish to raise awareness for issues. She killed the fish to use for "art" and when she got such extreme backlash, she justified it by saying we do worse things to humanity than killing fish.
That's even worse!

I must have misread something. But... really? If she wants to be artistic, she should try aqua-scaping!

@#$%^&

Nothing surprises me when it comes to " art ", I remember a few years ago some " artist " got 20 grand grant from the govt in Australia to drink milk and vomit it onto canvas.

NickAu said:
@#$%^&

Nothing surprises me when it comes to " art ", I remember a few years ago some " artist " got 20 grand grant from the govt in Australia to drink milk and vomit it onto canvas.
Well then... that was interesting to read.

A few things bother me about all of this. They're probably not what people expect though.

The fact that people like this exist bothers me less than it probably should. I've long been aware that people like this exist. I suspect I'm resigned to the fact.

What bothers me more is that people think that this is a good way to get attention and put things like this into the public domain. It bothers me because it makes me wonder if people are really that used to this sort of thing that they'll accept this. Worse still that the "artist" will actually do well out of the publicity because people will forget so quickly.

I know that if I were a fish I would rather live a happy life in a tank big enough that was cleaned regularly and then die painlessly than live a bad life. I've heard horror stories about people seeing tons of rotting dead fish in tanks at some stores that don't care, and the other fish eating them because they aren't fed much.

I'm just pointing out my preference, not arguing that what happened was right. I don't know how those fish were treated before they died, nor do I know how they were killed. Also, attaching dead fish to one's face is just gross, no matter how the fish were killed.

Im bothered more by the comments tbh, some of the people who think fish are brainless jellyfish, its quite sad how mis-informed everyone is about fish and their intelligence, I can certainly tell you my fish have personalities its just sad.

I mean I cant really judge the photographer to much, I mean its a little different because ive never killed fish to take a picture but i do eat fish and i go fishing, so I cant have much of an opinion on that matter.

What would inspire a person to lay freshly killed fish across their face? I don't understand. Forget ethics, that'd be gross.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back