Why Are My Female And Male Black Mollies Staying At The Top Of The Tan

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

getscared25

Reaction score
i have 2 black mollies (male and female) and all they do is stay at the top of the tank right behind the output of the filter. they only come out when i feed the fish. in my tank i also have 2 columbian sharks but they stay at the bottom and have not made any attempt at attacking the mollies so i don't think the mollies are scared of the columbians. 

water parameters are: 

temp: 77 degrees 
PH: 7.7 
Ammonia: 0.0 
Nitrite: 0.0 
Nitrate: is under 50 ppm 

please help they have been like this for 2 days and i don't know what to do anymore. there is no sign of any diseases or fungus on them that i can see

my fish did that sorry to say this but they might die or you will have baby fish!!!!!!!!
fish.gif

fish.gif

fish.gif

fish.gif

snork6 said:
my fish did that sorry to say this but they might die or you will have baby fish!!!!!!!!
fish.gif

fish.gif

fish.gif

fish.gif

Can you give any basis for this statement?

This is not particularly helpful for the OP, if you can give more information and details from your experience from you fish doing this, that will be more helpful.

Ya know, if I lived in a field with a lion, I'd be inclined to hide even if the lion hadn't shown any signs of attacking me. If someone removed the lion, I'd probably come out a bit more.

Columbian Sharks need very large tanks, they are active fish, and reach up to 50cm in size. They are know to eat smaller tankmates when they get bigger. They also have a venomous dorsal spine, so watch out when cleaning the tank, etc.

snork6 said:
well just push me away
sad.png

sad.png

sad.png

I'm sorry you feel like that, I'm not sure what either Ch4rlie or I have said since your last post that would lead you to think that we are pushing you away.

it's ok i guess i just over reacted friends?

Sorry snork6, not meant to make you feel that way.

Just trying to help the OP. 
smile.png

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back