Who's Got/had/wants Black Sand?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I don't know if its what you mean but my 24l tank gets black sand, but not everywhere. I've been having some luck at reducing the blackness by giving it a wee stir when I do my water changes and have heard that Malaysian Trumpet Snails help too so am getting some of those
hehe.gif

75gallontankshot11.jpg

tahitian moonsand by caribsea

I think it looks pretty good. But I just like darker looking tanks.

Heres an old pic of mine with black sand (ive changed the plastic plants for real ones is the only difference, everything else is the same) ....

27a04f64.jpg

I prefer it as it doesnt look dirty compared to lighter sand and doesnt hold dirt like gravel does but hey, each to their own i suppose!!

Here are a few of my 300l tank with Unipac Limpopo. I also have this in hillstream tank and my hillstream fry grow out tank which I set up yesterday as I like it so much :hyper: :

DSC_0386.jpg

DSC_0387.jpg

I really like my black sand. I find it's easier to clean and my fish stand out against it. Here's my tanks i've used it in:

DSCF4550.jpg

DSCF2491.jpg

This is caribsea tahitian moon btw

Heres an old pic of mine with black sand (ive changed the plastic plants for real ones is the only difference, everything else is the same) ....

27a04f64.jpg

I prefer it as it doesnt look dirty compared to lighter sand and doesnt hold dirt like gravel does but hey, each to their own i suppose!!

this tank looks amazing!! very tempted to get some black sand n get rid of my gravel

Here's my planted commnity

wow, those corys really pop against that sand... i'm starting to wish i had gone with black instead of white!

beautiful tanks everyone!
The cories were the main reason I went with black lol. I had a tannish color of sand, but they were hard to notice with that.

I think it really makes the green in the plants pop too.

I really want black sand, mainly because I want corys, BUT... when I had "gold" playsand in my work tank, I found I got annoyed with the poop always on the top (I had to clean it every day because I hated how it looked), and also I had a problem with bits underneath ornaments going black and smelling like rotten eggs - if I get a scape in there, I dont want to have to be digging it out all the time to stir up the sand.

Any hints/suggestions?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back