Who's For A Gecko Update?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Paradise3

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
As the title says, it's gecko update time!! 

I've even done a "then and now" of the two APTOr's we bred ourselves, our little Tremper Albino has gone to her new home now so her update photo were taken there hence the different background.

Zara - Female Blood x G-Project het Tremper Albino 50% poss het Eclipse.
11th%20Mar%2015_zpsyiareat9.jpg

Zeus - Male RAPTOr 50% poss het Blizzard.
11th%20Mar%2015_zpsecgnk7jy.jpg

Persephone - Female Diablo Blanco.
11th%20Mar%2015_zpsygmokeu9.jpg

Seraphine - Female Ember 50% poss het Blizzard.
11th%20Mar%2015_zpsmp8xzp7d.jpg

Elysia - Female Electric cross het Eclipse - This girl has become a bit of a nut job lately... Biting and scrabbling when picked up.
11th%20Mar%2015_zpsu6bwj8td.jpg

Tundra - Male Jungle Mack Snow het RADAR.
11th%20Mar%2015_zpshtgdqi3j.jpg

Inferno - Female Mack Snow RADAR - This girl does not sit still hence the not so good photo lol.
11th%20mar%2015_zps62d1bav2.jpg

Splodge - Male APTOr het Eclipse.
Splodge%20Comparison_zpsklrw2anl.jpg

Smudge - Female APTOr het Eclipse.
Smudge%20Comparison_zpshku9um2i.jpg

Luna - Female Tremper Albino het Eclipse.
11th%20Mar%2015%202_zpsekou5rew.jpg

Male Normal het Tremper Albino, Eclipse.
11th%20Mar%2015_zpshfcx5ane.jpg

Hope you enjoy! Going to do the snakes next
wink.png

Gorgeous!
How many geckos do you have altogether?
wahey.gif

LyraGuppi said:
Gorgeous!
How many geckos do you have altogether?
wahey.gif

At the minute we have 10 lol. The little male Normal won't be staying here for good though hence why he doesn't have an official name(though I call him Nutter lol) :) We breed so nine of them are breeders and the little Normal is only of our hatchlings from last year. We're still adding to the breeder gecko's though ;)

Above all, they are all pets as well :) I'm just putting that out there as I have had people say to me "Well if you breed you don't treat them like pets do you? You don't get them out, etc.." and the truth is they are treated like pets and are handled as often as possible. Especially Elysia the crazy girl! She needs all the handling she can get right now as she's going through what I call her teenage phase lol.

You have some really nice geckos right there! Love the raptors! 

Yea, the feisty ones need the most handling i agree!

sawickib said:
You have some really nice geckos right there! Love the raptors! 

Yea, the feisty ones need the most handling i agree!

Thank you :) We now have two albino strains so have to be careful not to mix them. Maybe one day we'll have all three lol.

Yep, she's managed to actually get me once(oh so glad Leo's don't hurt!) and has gone for me a second time(right before that photo actually!) but missed XD

She's always been a bit crazy since we got her last year and we've handled her as much as possible without it being too much(gauging her reactions each time). She started to improve and has now relapsed back to "I hate everything!!" so we'll see if she improves again or if she's always going to be a "no touchy unless necessary" gecko.

Yea, when i got my new carrot tail, i warmed him up to room temp. in a bucket, and when i went to pick him up he kept squealing, and when i got him in my hand he slowly opened his mouth and bit the crap out of my thumb, and he drew blood haha. He was just stressed from shipping, he didnt bite me when i took him out two days later lol

sawickib said:
Yea, when i got my new carrot tail, i warmed him up to room temp. in a bucket, and when i went to pick him up he kept squealing, and when i got him in my hand he slowly opened his mouth and bit the crap out of my thumb, and he drew blood haha. He was just stressed from shipping, he didnt bite me when i took him out two days later lol

See if she'd done it the day we got her I could understand it... But it's months since we got her and like I say, she started calming down. When we got her she didn't bite, she just flailed all the time when you touched her. But now she's taken up biting too :/

Leos are probably the best reptile I've ever owned.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back