who thinks im overstocked

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

the plec will get to big for your tank, so if your keeping him in there, yes it is over stocked.
4 pearl gouramis at 4 inches each= 16 inches
2 sharks probly 6 inches each= 12 inches
1 guppy at 2 inches= 2 inches
the loach ( never herd of them ) but most get in the 3-4 inch range= 4 inches
1 pleco at 20 inches= 20 inches

so thats about 54 inches of fish, so I'd say no, because its really way over stocked and when they reach adult size they wont have enough swimming room. and I didnt even add the tetras that get to be about 2 inches each.

what are you oving to the ten? Did you know that fish will eat the fry if they are very young still?

the fry are about 3 weeks old now and are quite big but i will not have any more fry as my swordtails died
p.s im moving the plec until he grows too big he is 3 inches now.

hell get stunnted in the 10. you really shouldnt do that.nd female live bearers hold sperm, so shell have babies again probly.

If the "Golden Shark" you mention is Leptobarbus hoevenii, this can grow to approaching 2 feet, and as a shoaling fish, really needs 5-6 fish in an 8 foot tank. So yes, I think you are overstocked.

bettasplendenlover said:
i was wondering if i could add a pair o blind cave tetras and a adf?
hiya, in answer to your actual questiona about the blind cava fish, i wouldnt recommend these fish to go into the tank with your gouramis and other fish. the main reasons for this is that

a) cava fish are blind, and therefore at night when the light is off, they hunt for food, and end up nipping at everything they come into contact with.

and

B) your tank is full already.

my suggestion to you would be to start a new tank up if u want to keep all of your current fish, but just split them between two tanks.

gouramis need alot of space, or they become stressed and then depressed and can die from this.

i hope this helps you

Pakistani loach = Yo-Yo Loach.

In addition to the above, the ADF would be seriously outcompeted for food. He would starve to death in a tank with this many "fishy" inhabitants.

\Dan

the adf needs at least 2 gallons of water to himself and he wont get on with loaches, or any plecos/bottom feeders. Or any other fish which he can fit in their mouth.

I think you may be overstocked but I don't calculate these things by the inch per gallon/ square foot rules.

Your plec needs to be rehomed or you need to get him a much larger tank, putting him in a 10gallon, as wrs has said, will stunt him but not only that the levels will be terrible as (if, more like) he grows because they create so much waste.

You may not be overstocked once the plec is removed, depending on other factors. Stocking shouldn't only go on size of fish but also how much was they create, what space they occupy (it's possible to overstocked a particular area of the tank), your filtration and what your levels are and how many water changes you do to keep them right.

I do not know about the golden shark, do you know a more helpful name for it? I am quite surprised that your ruby shark has not been going after it, these are know to go after other fish that are even shark shaped!

What are the parameters of your tank? How much maintenence do you have to do to achieve that? Does you nitrAte rise higher in a week to be more than what it was when last tested (hope, I made that clear enough). What is the nitrAte level of your tap water (otherwise knowing the level of your tank is useless). How much filtration do you have, as in how many litres per hour does it do?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back