Who keeps barbs?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Had a tiger barb tank 55g for about two years, these little guys are crazy! They look good and move around in a group which is fun to watch, little or no pecking but they are super hyper, like a kid after overdosing on sweets. Forget tank mates, they are super-fast aggressive feeders, the only fish I tried that made a good mix and could compete for food were Buenos Aires tetras which are also fast feeders. So if you like lots of action no aggression, these guys can work and the more, the better.

Sahyaadria denisonii aka redline torpedo barbs :cool:

REDLINE1.jpg

55 gallon community peaceful tank, with Black Ruby Barbs. They are very lackluster in the store, but once full grown in the tank are absolutely stunning. I have a dozen now and am going to move out other fish so I can have 20 or more.

@Linkandnavi
That is one BEAUTIFUL Tank. YOU MUST enter that tank in our next Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger. Entry period starts at the end of this month.

@Linkandnavi
That is one BEAUTIFUL Tank. YOU MUST enter that tank in our next Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger. Entry period starts at the end of this month.
oh shoot i better clean up my super messy tank

I had a 55 gallon SE Asia tank for several years with pentazona barbs. They look like tiger barbs (their coloring is prettier, in my opinion) and they're very quiet and peaceful. One of my all-time favorite fish; I don't know why they aren't more popular. I have a vid of that tank in the attic somewhere...

Ah, here it is.

That tank is a 75 gallon. I had imported these fish and I had them in that tank quarantining for 6 months. They were to be brought to a weekend fish event in 2017 where I was to be selling in the vendor room. However, I got sick and never made it to the show, so I kept the barbs. They ended up in my 150 gal.with my clown loaches. I still have about 14 or 15 of the original 25. You can only see 20 in the pic.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back