Who is mauling my angelfish or is it a disease ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

If I could use a 50 gallon tote, I could use a 50 gallon aquarium. The HOA has a limit on how much weight i can put in the condo. I.e., no more aquariums allowed (a 50 gallon tote is just a non-clear 50 gallon aquarium).

Fair enough! I mean, I wouldn't announce it to the HOA personally, but I understand if you wouldn't want to take the risk.

I'm a man of many replies and different answers for different situations.
Which is why despite our occasional head-butting and differences of opinion, I do respect your experience and perspective. And that you have a sense of humour :)

I am pleased that the Angels have started their recovery.

Tbh I am not overly surprised that people doubted the ability of a BN to become and night time thug. But in truth, ANY fish that has a sucker mouth has the potential to stray away from expected behaviour and turn into a slimecoat thief

At least you could remove the BN before more damage was done. Your fish look superb now and hopefully they will continue to recover both physically and mentally too since it would have stressed them out at night knowing a thug fish was on the prowl.

Well not only did the mauling stop when i removed that bn pleco but now after nearly 3 full months the angel has finally fully healed. So i guess that answers the question.... it was very likely a bn pleco causing the damageView attachment 164564
I'm glad the removal of the BN pleco worked out! Though I was skeptical and still am since bn plecos are predominantly herbivores. Worst case they are known to occasionally suck the slime off the fish but hey, maybe this is a rare case and glad to see the angels looking good. Man, I love black angels, thank you for posting the results!

The problem with plecos that become slime suckers is that they almost never give up this behavior.

The problem with plecos that become slime suckers is that they almost never give up this behavior.
Thankfully i didn't want this one so as they say it killed two birds with one stone getting rid of it.

I'm glad the removal of the BN pleco worked out! Though I was skeptical and still am since bn plecos are predominantly herbivores. Worst case they are known to occasionally suck the slime off the fish but hey, maybe this is a rare case and glad to see the angels looking good. Man, I love black angels, thank you for posting the results!
I once had an upside down catfish and bn pleco fight for 10 minutes over a shrimp pellet. Whoever said they were predominantly herbivores haven't studied them. Yes they do eat a lot of greens; more than some other species but they also consume a fair amount of meat/biofilm.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back