Who is laying eggs?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

azvictoria

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just finding little eggs all over. Suspect cories, but I'm not sure! Angels are too young, have mature otos and neons. Cories are 5-6 years old. They're on the glass as of a few minutes ago, and I'm sure of that because I just did a water change.

Attachments

• eggs.jpg
    eggs.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 39
I would guess Cory! I know that water changes are said to sometimes cause them to spawn!

Wipe your hand near them and see if they come off the glass. They might be air bubbles from the water change.

Wipe your hand near them and see if they come off the glass. They might be air bubbles from the water change.
I did that first thing, before posting and squashed a few, unfortunately. They're certainly eggs of some sort. Much larger than air bubbles from water changes and have slimy texture.

I would guess Cory! I know that water changes are said to sometimes cause them to spawn!
Exciting, but I have no idea what to do if that's the case! Gosh I'd hate to think of baby cories gobbled up by other fish. I've never had them spawn. I suspected it was happening a few weeks ago - one would not leave the other alone and now they are totally normal and just swimming about. I do now have an Oto very close to the eggs - could it be that fish?

My angelfish lay a fry of eggs every two or three weeks. I have a fry in the tank right now. Trying to help them survive but this is all new to me.

Exciting, but I have no idea what to do if that's the case! Gosh I'd hate to think of baby cories gobbled up by other fish. I've never had them spawn. I suspected it was happening a few weeks ago - one would not leave the other alone and now they are totally normal and just swimming about. I do now have an Oto very close to the eggs - could it be that fish?
Hmmmm the eggs would most likely be gobbled up in the tank with the angelfish. Do you have any kind of extra tank? Even one of those Kritter Keepers with a sponge filter would work! If you have either of those available, I would gently scrape the eggs off the glass. Keep the water clean and they should hatch in a few days. I don’t know anything about removing fungused ones. When my Cories laid eggs I left everything how it was honestly, but the only fish in my 10 gallon tank was the 3 adult dwarf Cories so the eggs never got eaten

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back