Who Couldn't Love This Face?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

blinky000

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
This is my boy, Bailey. He's about 9 years old now but still smiling, as you can see! Such a gorgeous little face :)

DSCF3013.jpg

Very handsome!

Axolotls are so cool. If I were to look for one would I need one ordered or could I find one at a chain store or where.
Yours is so cute. He does look like he's smiling!

Axolotls are so cool. If I were to look for one would I need one ordered or could I find one at a chain store or where.
Yours is so cute. He does look like he's smiling!

Most chain stores do not carry them - your best bet is to call around the mom n pop stores. Most often, you have to order them. It's best to find reliable breeders on forums - the two most popular sites out there where you can buy them often have poor stock and very bad advice....for instance they will tell you that it is acceptable to keep 2-3 adult axolotls in a 10 gallon when really the 10 gallon is barely acceptable for one adult.

They also require a bit of care...for instance their water needs to be temperature controlled - it needs to stay cool (under 70*F) year round, no exceptions. Even short durations of 75*F can stress them to the point of death very quickly. That is a huge thing to take into consideration for the those who might want to keep them.

What's the coldest they should be kept in?? I keep my room cold year round and I'm lookin for a potential buddy for my room

50s and 60s make them happy.
The refrigerator is a good temporary home and is the first step to treating most of respective ailments.

Well, sounds perfect to my room. In summer it hits maybe 68. It's nice and chilly year round

How is he on sand? Does he eat it?

No, he spits it out before he swallows any food :) It's really the only substrate they can be on since if they have gravel or any rocks smaller than their mouths, they just swallow it and it gets impacted in their gut. They used to have a 3D foam background that had a floor to it. That's ideal for them really, but it's so expensive!

Thanks for all your kind comments, everyone :)

My gf said he is ugly (women...) but I like him :good:

:eek:

I unfortunately can't see the photo. But I'm sure he's lovely :). Axolotls always are.

Side note: one of my axolotls has just become sexable (I've had an idea for months - but he's definately a he!) :)

Always a proud moment!!! I have a very "big" boy too lol - and he is proud of it! :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back