Whites Tree Frogs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jenste

Resurrecting the Passion of Fishkeeping
Reaction score
After my move in a few weeks into our new house, I will be adopting 4 White Tree Frogs (aka. Dumpys and Green Tree Frogs) from a moderator on an amphibian forum I frequent.

Full set up and frogs being driven from New Hampshire down to me in little Rhode Island...for free. The current owner just asked that I keep them all together and not sell them or their set up...wouldn't dream of it! The moderator offered it all for free after seeing my oh,so, frequent postings about my current amphibians. (Three species of clawed frogs and axolotls).

They will be driven down around the last weekend of August - first weekend of September (once we are settled into the new house).

I am so excited! I have been doing LOTS of research on them to make sure I am prepared.

Keep tuned! I will keep this updated with LOTS of pictures of the new arrivals as they settle in.
I have a link to a youtube video of the very same 4 frogs in their current set up. Tree Frog Video

me = :hyper:

Cool look forward to pics :good:

I love these. They're great. Would love to get some myself.

I was in a LFS the other day and he also sells a lot of frogs, snakes, monkeys.
There was a man who got this giant frog out of the tank and started licking it. I told the owner of the shop and he chased the man out.
I asked why he was doing it and he said it sweats a form of L.S.D.
I found it pretty crazy.

I know they're are many different types of frogs In the world but I've never heard of that.

Cool look forward to pics :good:
I'm on my way out at the mo but saw this and had to reply quickly. Yay for you Jen, I'll bet you're so excited. I'll look at the vid later, haven't got time now as I'm already running late.

I have been doing LOTS of research, especially about tank set up.

HE currently has them with an oak leave litter substrate - - I think I am going to use my aquarium keeping skills and rig up the bottom of the tank to have water!

large rive rocks of about 2-3" deep to house and hide the filter, with about 2.5 inches of water on top of the rocks. Use a small filter to keep the water movement gentle - - maybe a small heater rated for 2-10 gallons if I notice the water temperature dropping below 70*F.

Lots of branches etc that he already has in the set up for them to climb...

oooooh the imagination is going!! I have lots of extra unused aquarium rocks...about 2" or so that can be used. Can use aquarium sealant to mount some to the top of the filter to blend it in....

See where I am going with this? Of course I am going to wait to buy anything until I have the actual tank so I can put my plans in motion.

Any suggestions?

change of plans - - will not be getting the frogs.

maybe one day!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back