White/transparent scum on wood in aquarium

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Gazzmeister

Reaction score
Hi folks, I have some real bogwood in my 150 litre tank, there is a white scum that has appeared, itā€™s white/transparent Iā€™m not sure whether it is scum or could be spawn from mating fish ? Please advise

Attachments

• 56E78282-92CE-42C2-A725-DD861C529CD0.jpeg
    56E78282-92CE-42C2-A725-DD861C529CD0.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 185
Hi folks, I have some real bogwood in my 150 litre tank, there is a white scum that has appeared, itā€™s white/transparent Iā€™m not sure whether it is scum or could be spawn from mating fish ? Please advise
Also the fish I have are platys Coreyā€™s, Amano shrimp, yo yo loach, mollie and gourami, not sure if all of these are are live bearers

It's just fungus growing on the dead wood. It happens a lot with new driftwood. Take it out and hose it off then put the wood back in the tank.

Platies and mollies are livebearers.
The Corydoras, loaches and gouramis are egg layers. Corydoras lay their eggs on the glass or smooth objects in the tank. Loaches scatter their eggs in the substrate. Gouramis build a bubblenest on the surface and put the eggs in that.

It's just fungus growing on the dead wood. It happens a lot with new driftwood. Take it out and hose it off then put the wood back in the tank.

Platies and mollies are livebearers.
The Corydoras, loaches and gouramis are egg layers. Corydoras lay their eggs on the glass or smooth objects in the tank. Loaches scatter their eggs in the substrate. Gouramis build a bubblenest on the surface and put the eggs in that.
Ah right great stuff , thanks for the info bro. Iā€™ll hose it off then hopefully that sorts the problem.

Ah right great stuff , thanks for the info bro. Iā€™ll hose it off then hopefully that sorts the problem.
It'll disappear eventually whether or not you rinse it. Some fish like ancistrus eat the fungus, so do shrimp and snails.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back