White Spot

p1ngu

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey all, i was just checking my 4ft tank and watching my fish, and i noticed little white specks etc, which i have diagnosed as white spot.

I was wondering is there a way to cure this ? I removed a frontosa from the tank to another tank, as it didnt have any white spot, will it be infected since it was in there?

The rest of the fish have it, besides the frontosa.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

What kind of fish do you have in your tank? The fish you moved, did you move it to a tank that has other fish, or is it in a hospital tank?

How bad is the ich(white spot)? Are the fish covered head to tail, or do they just have a few spots? If at all possible I wouldn't use medication in your tank. I have done so with bad consequences each time. If your fish can handle salt I would dissolve some salt in a cup of tank water and add it to your tank. I would also slowly increase your temperature in your tank to at least 86 degrees if your fish can handle it. Also lower the water level in the tank if you have an external filter to increase the aeration in the tank as higher temps lower the oxygen. If this is not possible add an air stone, or bubble wall.

I have used this method twice and the ich is usually gone in 3-5 days. Salt is great as once the dose is in the water, you don't have to redose unless you do a water change. It is cheaper and less stressful for the fish than meds.

it looks more like ich, whats velvet?

The frontosa that i moved has been moved to another tank with some frontosa and electric yellows.

Was that a bad move? the frontosa hasnt got any white spots.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back