White Spot

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jue

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

We have just noticed that our isolated Gourami (40 litre tank) has developed white spots. I'm aware of the treatments for these having read quite a few posts on here but what really concerns me is that last weekend I tried him back in the 180L community tank. He was separated (about 2 months ago) due to bullying from another Gourami. In the community tank I have, amongst others, a synodontis eupterus catfish, clown pleco and bronze corys (& eggs).

I'm very worried that even though the Gourami was only in there for a couple of hours at the most, he could have passed the white spot to the other tank (he wasn't showing any symptoms at the time). None of the inhabitants are showing any signs of it as yet but I'm assuming that it could still be present. Am I right in thinking that I can't medicate this tank due to the catfish etc being present.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Jue

Does the gourami look like he has been sprinkled in salt, if it is whitespot you will have to medicate the whole tank, plus only half dose as catfish and scaless fish are funny with parasite meds.
Increase temp to 30, and also extra aeration as the high temp and med will reduce 02 in the water, good luck.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back