White Spot Pleco

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

plecoguy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Today I went to a local fish store and they had a wonderful looking pleco, called a white spot pleco. I had to buy it, so i did. Does anyone have one of these, if so can you give me some info on them. As of right now he is getting along with my other plecs and fish. I would apprieciate the help. :nod:

Can you post a pic in the members pictures section?

look at my crappy pics.
new.jpg

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

new3.jpg

If u right click the red X's, then copy and paste the URL u will see them

Im sure if i understood computers at all that would make sense but unfortunately im almost computer illiterate :lol: :lol:

It's a species of Ancistrus, otherwise known as a Bristlenose. What species I cannot really tell - Could be Ancistrus Hoplogenys or Ancistrus Claro. Many Bristlenoses have white spots on them. They're great fish, don't get too big, 4-5 inches for most types (some are larger though - A. Ranunculus can get to 8 inches or so) and are great characters. Feed mainly vegetable diet (courgette, cucumber), supplemented with catfish pellets and wafers and frozen livefoods. :)

Thanks for all the help. Sorry i cant get the pics to work right...grrr.... anyways. I like my new plec...was i told wrong when i bought it as a white spot pleco??? even if i was it is cool. Thanks again

They'll call them all names under the sun, makes 'em sound exotic.... which they are :D ;) :p :) Usually the wholesalers come up with the names though B)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back