White spot on betta?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kw96

Reaction score
I noticed this spot on my betta a few days ago. I thought it was ick, so I purchased API liquid super ick cure and have given both doses as per the directions. Wednesday I will do the water change and put the carbon filters back in. I just wanted to be sure this is ick and that I am treating him for the correct issue. He is still eating normally and swimming around his tank normally. This is my first betta so I am a bit new to all of this. Thanks!

image9.jpegimage10.jpegimage8.jpegimage7.jpeg7E57F66B-3908-480A-ACE0-867BCAC779B8.jpeg

Last edited:
That's definitely not ich. It looks more like either a fungal infection, an internal parasite, or a tumor.
@Colin_T should be able to help you with this.

Could you circle the spot you are meaning? I dont see anything

Definately not ich. Ich is small white spots like salt or sugar. I would say that is a bacterial infection.

Definately not ich. Ich is small white spots like salt or sugar. I would say that is a bacterial infection.
Do you know what I could treat it with or anything I could do to help it?

Add some aquarium salt and try treating it with Melafix, both of which will have instructions for use on the packaging. If Melafix doesn't work, try using some broad spectrum antibiotic in the tank. Aquarium salt does wonders for sick fish, I honestly swear by it

Add some aquarium salt and try treating it with Melafix, both of which will have instructions for use on the packaging. If Melafix doesn't work, try using some broad spectrum antibiotic in the tank. Aquarium salt does wonders for sick fish, I honestly swear by it
I will try that! Thank you!

Agreed, I was looking into treatments before I got a betta. Funnily enough the brand "bettafix" along with melafix can cause damage to a Betta's labyrinth organ (the organ that lets them intake oxygen from the air). It's much better to stick with the aquarium salt, as stated before remember to follow the instructions provided.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back