white spot disease?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

moogie21

Reaction score
hey guys, i've just noticed some white spots on a few of my goldfish. see attached photos. hard to capture when they move around so much.

i've ordered api liquid super ick cure and added aquarium salt. i'm hesitant increasing the temp to 86 as suggested by some but since these are coldwater, ive kept at 70 for now.

is there anything else i should do?

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3699.jpeg
    IMG_3699.jpeg
    241.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3698.jpeg
    IMG_3698.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3697.jpeg
    IMG_3697.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3686.jpeg
    IMG_3686.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 46
It does look like ick, so I'd quarantine them. A water change wouldn't hurt either and continue to monitor them for unusual behavior.

I would use salt OR meds, not both, but I don't keep GF, so take that with a grain of...salt
I have found that Seachem Paraguard works great for ich, in the past...

I can't see any white spots on the fish.

Salt doesn't do anything to white spot because the parasite is found in fresh, brackish and sea water.

If you don't have medication yet, do a huge (80%+) water change and complete gravel clean every day until you get medication in the water. The water change and gravel clean will remove a lot of the parasites and leave fewer in the tank to infect the fish.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

I can't see any white spots on the fish.

Salt doesn't do anything to white spot because the parasite is found in fresh, brackish and sea water.

If you don't have medication yet, do a huge (80%+) water change and complete gravel clean every day until you get medication in the water. The water change and gravel clean will remove a lot of the parasites and leave fewer in the tank to infect the fish.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.
Look on their tails and fins...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back