White skinny but thick poop from angelfish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Princesluna93

Reaction score
Had my angelfish for about a week and today one was pooping white stuff. Only posting because it doesn't look stringy to me, but maybe I'm wrong. Only other thing I've noticed is that is one of my other angelfish getting air from the surface. I did find another one of these poos floating around recently, I though it was a dead loach, and two of my other angelfish died last night. Any advice about what this is and how to treat it (preferably with medications available in Australia if they are required but I can try to work that out myself if need be) would be amazing

(In the second image the poop is on the plant)

Attachments

• 20211215_200846.jpg
    20211215_200846.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 20211215_201910.jpg
    20211215_201910.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 87

I have seen that, my issue is that it doesn't look stringy, its flat, wide, and slightly hairy/fuzzy looking. I thought it might be something different.

what did you feed it over the last couple of days?
I've been feeding them flakes, unsure of the brand because the label has been removed but they used to be for a friend's tropical tank and I read that angels like flakes, now thinking about it probably not the smartest of ideas. Also Hikari micro pellets and algae wafers for my other fish.

normal fish food like flake and pellets won't cause fish to do poop like that.

if the fish is eating well, then try deworming them.

if the fish isn't eating normally, then it might have an internal protozoan infection and metronidazole might help.

if the fish stops eating and does a stringy white poop, then it has an internal bacterial infection and there is not normally a cure.

normal fish food like flake and pellets won't cause fish to do poop like that.

if the fish is eating well, then try deworming them.

if the fish isn't eating normally, then it might have an internal protozoan infection and metronidazole might help.

if the fish stops eating and does a stringy white poop, then it has an internal bacterial infection and there is not normally a cure.
I think they're eating properly and metronidazole is prescription only in my country so I'll try worming them, thanks for your help

I observed something similar on my goldfish & most googles ID’t it as poop, my first guess. Fell off, never to be seen on that fish, but weeks later on another fish.

Are you able to suction it out with something like a Turkey baster when it drops off & take a closer look?

I observed something similar on my goldfish & most googles ID’t it as poop, my first guess. Fell off, never to be seen on that fish, but weeks later on another fish.

Are you able to suction it out with something like a Turkey baster when it drops off & take a closer look?
I got rid of it so my other fish couldn't eat it, but it didn't appear to be moving or anything. I'll do that if I see another one though

please let us know that you learn. my 2 butt appendages were definitely long goldfish poops. I try not to overfeed them, but they nibble nonstop on the plants. I offered them fresh baby leaf spinach & they wouldn’t touch it.
I only saw the long white poops twice.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back