White Shark got cut on nose

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

same2cool

Reaction score
I purchased new 2 white sharks, in travelling one white shark got cut, any medicine or treatment please prefer me.
f304eea8-236f-4532-9040-d00e1f3ad185.jpg

Yes, food salt. But read the ingredients because most food salt contains anti caking agents and some contains iodate. If yours does not have these, it is safe to use, but if it does have them don't use it.Fish shops usually sell 'aquarium salt' which is the same but without the extra ingredients.

Try lots of extra water changes first as the damage could heal naturally. If it doesn't work, use salt at the rate of 1 tablespoonful for every 5 gallons (or 1 x 15 ml spoonful for every 20 litres). Dissolve the salt in some tank water in a separate tube, then when it is all dissolved pour it into the tank.

Just to add - assuming this is a Pangasionodon hypophthamaus, you are aware of how big they get? https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/pangasionodon-hypophthalmus/

Yes, food salt. But read the ingredients because most food salt contains anti caking agents and some contains iodate. If yours does not have these, it is safe to use, but if it does have them don't use it.Fish shops usually sell 'aquarium salt' which is the same but without the extra ingredients.

Try lots of extra water changes first as the damage could heal naturally. If it doesn't work, use salt at the rate of 1 tablespoonful for every 5 gallons (or 1 x 15 ml spoonful for every 20 litres). Dissolve the salt in some tank water in a separate tube, then when it is all dissolved pour it into the tank.
i have salf of Iodine and my fish tank takes about 45 gallon

If it has iodine in it, it cannot be used for fish.

Do any fish shops where you live sell salt for using in fish tanks?

I'm afraid the fish cannot live in 45 gallons for very long - when grown they need tanks the size of swimming pools.

I'm afraid the fish cannot live in 45 gallons for very long - when grown they need tanks the size of swimming pools.

I have
diamond koi : 4.5 inch

yellow type koi : 5 inch
4 golden fishes 5-6 inch
blackshark : 7 inch
now two white sharks : 4.5inches

go to a swimming pool shop or hardware store and buy and bag of swimming pool salt.

your tank is not big enough for the white sharks or most of the other fishes you have.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back