White Patches On My Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

kieran456

Reaction score
hi

i have recently braught a 300 gallon tank with fish and equipment already with it i noticed yesterday that one of my fish had white patches anout 3-4 on its side they are about 3-4 mm big i am thinking that they are abrasions from either fighting or shipping but want to double check ,he is eating and is alert doesent seem to be too distressed. I also had to do litrally a 3 quater water change aswell because all the fish were transported in the tank they are in now as the seller couldent find anything suitible to put the fish in, i have put in some stress zyme to get rid of chlorine etc the temprature is 76 degrees constant day and night the ph is 6.5-6.7 i am using an external filter any help would be much appriciated

here is a pic of the spots

thankyou

Can't see your pic, I'm afraid...

If the patches are furry or fuzzy looking it'll probably be fungus, if not it's more likely injury (although it's common for injuries to develop secondary fungal infections too)

Personally I'd keep a close eye on it for the moment and make sure the water is in tip top condition (you will need to buy yourself a decent, liquid/test tube testing kit; a fishkeeper's best friend if you don't have one already) Good clean water heals most fish problems faster than anything else.

If it doesn't clear up or starts looking worse you may need to get some anti-fungal medicine from your LFS.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back