white patch on Otto`s back

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

DeekTic

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Not sure if I have a issue with my Zebra Otto or not.

A white patch has appeared on her back. it shaped almost like a baby flat fish. or spldge of bird poop not sure how long its been there, She didnt have it when I got her.. (about 6months ago) my other Ottos are fine,
Last week we had a water issue, Nitrites spiked really high & so done a 75% water change, then next day another 50%
Parameters are now fine.
The only change in her behavior, is that she has become more active. sorry about crap picture, not best camera on my phone. I`ll try to get a better picture when light is back on in tank.
anyone have maybe idea what it is? based on my bad picture & description?

IMG_20210108_210357__01__01.jpg

Thanks

better picture? search up saddleback disease. might be the case

Hi, yeh will try to get a better picture. My searches did bring up saddleback. I dont think its that. But will double check.
he patch is almost same as her lighter colour, almost like Vitiligo in Humans (if that makes sense).

once I get a better picture I`ll post it...

Hi, yeh will try to get a better picture. My searches did bring up saddleback. I dont think its that. But will double check.
he patch is almost same as her lighter colour, almost like Vitiligo in Humans (if that makes sense).

once I get a better picture I`ll post it...
maybe @Colin_T can help. it might be fungal but i cant say for sure

Could it be heater burn ?

yeah maybe but it would be more commonly on the stomach
I was thinking if it’s cleaning glass behind the heater and it’s back has been wedged up the heater , it’s hard to see from the picture

I was thinking if it’s cleaning glass behind the heater and it’s back has been wedged up the heater , it’s hard to see from the picture
hmm good point or it was jusst swijmming upwards

I see someone mentioned heater burn... It could be that.. she also hides under a big rock, so was thinking, she might have scraped herself...
Slighly better picture...(she doesnt stay still long)

Attachments

• IMG_20210109_183951__01__01.jpg
    IMG_20210109_183951__01__01.jpg
    658.4 KB · Views: 58
I see someone mentioned heater burn... It could be that.. she also hides under a big rock, so was thinking, she might have scraped herself...
Yes it doesnt look fungal

Do water change so it does not get infected

Thought I would give a update on my Zebra.
Looks like it probably was a scrape or something... Patch has all but disappeared now, & Zebra isn't looking any worse for wear.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back