White mass on betta?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

kw96

Reaction score
Hi, I posted about this a few months ago. There is a white mass on my betta. I was told previously to try aquarium salt to treat it, but the spot has grown since then. My betta is less active now and mainly just lays around all the time. I put him in a cup just to deep clean his tank today and was able to get better pictures of it while he was in there. Iā€™m not sure what it is and if itā€™s treatable or not. This is my first betta so Iā€™m pretty new to all of this. Any help would be appreciated.
98AE88F9-EF9D-44F7-8275-B0F17F89BDA2.jpeg
53EA3576-324A-4541-900F-3B8D9AF358EE.jpeg

The key thing is to make sure your water quality is good in his tank. Also, if you're deep-cleaning his tank, you may be killing all the beneficial bacteria if you're not careful. What do you mean by deep cleaning? I would recommend getting an API Water Test kit and test for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. Once those are under control and the tank is cycled, you can add some aquarium salt and he should heal. You can clean out the filter in tank water and swish over the substrate to clean it. You can do up to a 75% water change on his tank every day until the ammonia readings are zero. I hope that helps. It looks like he has some sort of infection. You may need to get some medication. You could try to Quaratine Trio medication that Aquarium Co Op recommends.

Yeah whatever that is doesn't look good. I also though I heard or read somewhere that Betta are not very tolerant of salt in there water.

The key thing is to make sure your water quality is good in his tank. Also, if you're deep-cleaning his tank, you may be killing all the beneficial bacteria if you're not careful. What do you mean by deep cleaning? I would recommend getting an API Water Test kit and test for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. Once those are under control and the tank is cycled, you can add some aquarium salt and he should heal. You can clean out the filter in tank water and swish over the substrate to clean it. You can do up to a 75% water change on his tank every day until the ammonia readings are zero. I hope that helps. It looks like he has some sort of infection. You may need to get some medication. You could try to Quaratine Trio medication that Aquarium Co Op recommends.
Thank you for your response. By deep cleaning, I just meant that I did a 75% water change and also cleaned the silk plants and cleaned up the rocks at the bottom because they had some algae on them. I have the API test kit. Iā€™ll definitely look into the medication and see if that can help him. Thank you, I appreciate the help!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back