White lumps on the sides of my goldfish head

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Bethpickle97

Reaction score
Hi my gold fish I've had him a few years now but over the last year he started to get white little clouds on the sides of his head every one I've spoke to reckon its c0tton wool disease I kept buying different recomend products (not all at the same time) but his lumps have grown bigger and dont know what else to do his water keeps going and redish brown colour about a week after I have cleaned him dont know if the lumps are causing the water change . Hes seems fine eating and swimming fine.

Just unsure on what is wrong with him and if there is a cure

Attachments

• 15819393712376846880219540933319.jpg
    15819393712376846880219540933319.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 79
they are tumours.
there is not much you can do except keep him comfortable and when he stops eating or has trouble swimming, then euthanise him.

A 30 litre biorb fish tank I did get a new air pump for the tank not that long ago but flitter I'm not so sure

The filter is under the central tube and is powered by the air pump. It functions like an under-gravel filter.
To keep the water from going brown use a large syphon vacuum on the stones when removing water. Also twist the central tube to lift out the filter. In a bucket of tank water twist off the lid and remove the filter sponges and squeeze these in the tank water. Put the same sponges back in (not new ones) and replace the lid and return the unit to the tank. I can see you have been keeping the tank walls clean.
The biorb water should stay cleaner but I recommend cleaning it twice a week changing 50-75% of the water each time as well as vacuuming the rocks and squeezing out the sponges every time.
Hopefully this will keep him comfortable.

You could talk to aquatic vet to get his tumor remove.

A 30 litre biorb fish tank I did get a new air pump for the tank not that long ago but flitter I'm not so sure
I’d like to also point out that these fish need at least 100 gallons (378 liters) they can grow to be as long as 2 ft

Most reactions

Back