White fuzzy stuff on angelfish ventral fins

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

biofish

Fish Addict
Pet of the Month šŸŽ–ļø
Reaction score
Hey guys! So in July my sister bought 6 angel fish for my 55 gallon tank. And, even though I was nervous because I didnā€™t want them due to their aggression issues, so far everythingā€™s been fine but I know that can change fast. But thatā€™s neither here nor thereā€¦

Whatā€™s wrong today is that one of them just developed white fuzzies on their long ventral fins.

Nothing in the tank has changed. I did a water test yesterday, the water was a smidge hard and the nitrates were up a bit (not at a dangerous level though). So I did a 50% water change and out softening pillows in since RO water isnā€™t a reliable choice.

The spots just appeared today. They werenā€™t there last night when I was having my fingers bitten by them as I was changing the water. No behavior changes and still very greedy for food.

THE OTHER WHITE FLECKS ARE ALGEA FLECKS AND BUBBLES FROM THE FILTER.

the stuff Iā€™m concerned about is circled
D1A28357-ED5E-413F-9C17-86F58D74E6D1.jpeg
1ECDC357-4D54-4F0C-AAD9-A0A73CD78C98.jpeg

I havenā€™t done anything since I just did a big water change and itā€™s smaller today ā¤ļø

If my natural water wasnā€™t so hard I would do another water change but the pillows are slow acting so I canā€™t. It would change the water parameters too much too fast if I did

As said you should do a water change, but after that put some medical salt into the aquarium, don't use table salt or reef salt only use fish medical salt. Add 1 flat tablespoon per 15 gallons of water, that should fix it.

How to use salt -

You can add rock salt (often sold as aquarium salt), sea salt or swimming pool salt to the aquarium at the dose rate of 1 heaped tablespoon per 20 litres of water. If there is no improvement after 48 hours you can double that dose rate so there is 2 heaped tablespoons of salt per 20 litres.

20 litres = 5 gallons.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back