White fungus?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Pritchardk

Reaction score
Hello, I currently have guppies in my tank and have seen mass amounts die this week, I have tried anti bacteria medicines and fin rot and fungus medicines and they still seem to be dieing. Lately I've noticed this bacteria looking slime starting to grow on things in the tank, any ideas?

Attachments

• 20221109_212912.jpg
    20221109_212912.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 24
Your plants look plastic, so I highly doubt what you are looking at is a fungus, ie there is no food for a fungus at that point. Could it be eggs from something, the white specs are not round but they may have already hatched. Closer picture would help.

Hello, I currently have guppies in my tank and have seen mass amounts die this week, I have tried anti bacteria medicines and fin rot and fungus medicines and they still seem to be dieing. Lately I've noticed this bacteria looking slime starting to grow on things in the tank, any ideas?
How do you expect anyone to help if you don't provide basic information?

Water parameters?
Symptoms?
Time the tank has been up and running (after cycling)?
When the fish were added to the tank?
Whether the fish were quarantined?

Hi, and Welcome to the forum.
Sorry your fish are dying, never a nice thing.
Probably best if you stop all medications till you narrow down what is causing the problem.
You do need to supply more info, and someone with more knowledge will chime in to help.
The size of the tank, what fish you stock, how often you do water changes and do you gravel vac? As well as previous posts questions.
Someone will be able to help.

The pic looks like snaileggs.
Don't throw in any med available before you know what is happening.
Do the fish show any signs ? Do you have pics of the fish etc....

To be blunt never use meds unless you know the exact problem. In as many cases you will just make things worse. You have added at least three meds for an issue to which you don't know the cause. Do you know if any of the meds can interact to harm fish?

Don't take me wrong as I'm really not trying to beat you up, I'm really not. It is just that you should never use meds unless you absolutely know that it is the last possibility for the issue.

They look like bladder snail or ramshorn snail eggs. Both are considered to be pest snails by most hobbyists.

If you've never asked for one, it was probably in with your fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back