White dot on betta possibly ick??

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

bettalover23

Reaction score
Hello all. So last night I noticed a small white dot on my betta (circled in first picture) I didnā€™t think much of it and that maybe it was just plant debree or food or something but when I woke up this morning to turn his light on it had nearly tripled in size. I donā€™t see and other dots on him yet and he is still acting completely normal, he ate his meal this morning and went back to doing his normal betta things and exploring his tank. Iā€™m am not sure what this and it looks like itā€™s making a hole in his fin and am concerned it will keep growing, so if anyone knows what it is or how to treat it or anyone could help that would be great thank you! I really hope he will be ok.
E2C15BA0-38B0-473E-B8E2-16F3A39CA15D.jpeg
3C4FC444-158B-4AAD-BC19-C954AF4E8E00.jpeg

The tank is between 75-76. also I was not home all day and when I can back to check on him the dot had gone down to the size it was originally in the first picture. So yeah. i really donā€™t know whatā€™s it is since
it went back down.

I'm going to let others comment, but I would raise his temperature. Bettas like it warm

I had this happen to one of my rainbow fish. I would wait to see if more spots show up, then it would indicate ich, as if it is one spot and disappears and none come back, it is likely a cyst of some sort, especially considering he is acting normal otherwise. Thatā€™s at least my opinion but I am not an expert with fish diseases

I had this happen to one of my rainbow fish. I would wait to see if more spots show up, then it would indicate ich, as if it is one spot and disappears and none come back, it is likely a cyst of some sort, especially considering he is acting normal otherwise. Thatā€™s at least my opinion but I am not an expert with fish diseases
He has had white dots appear on him in the past but no others show up and it eventually goes away. but i was just concerned this time since it had ā€œgrownā€ so much. I think he will be ok though. i have also raised the temp. in his tank to 79-80. heā€™s still acting normal so hopefully it was just some weird coincidence. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back