White clouds eggs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I agree with @JuiceBox52 .
Also, In my experience....I added one Danio (glo-danio, Lollypop ) to 6 minnows and it "seemed" to harass them. I took it out as my minnow group really had a good thing going, and still does!

Lollypop went back to the fish store and they said she could be with others like her. I was so relieved! I haven't had a chance to upgrade update everybody about it yet.
I have observed that alone, Danios are really somewhat spastic, and I, personally, won't get any more. Unless I can accommodate, say 15+. This is just a random number it doesn't mean anything, except just to suggest that unless I had a whole bunch of DanioS I wouldn't keep them. I think they ARE nervous alone.

At my LFS they have a lot of them together, Longfin Danios and Zebras. Different tanks, anyway in large numbers they calm down quite a bit and are lovely to watch.

Can you get another tank? I hope so!!!
I originally got 7 **MINNOWS (not Danios)maybe 9 mo. ago and lost
2 along the eay...:( I never did figure out what happened, any way now there are 2 female 3 male with 2 Amano Shrimp.
(They are in a 10g tank with at least 1 fry, maybe 2). So that is 5 adults, 2 Amano Shrimp, one assassin snail, an the 1 or 2 fry.
If more fry come along and I need to I'll have to get a bigger tank. Here is the 10g.
They pair off, I think , and go into The Green Planet of Love. I meant to separate and plant the greenery but they look like they are having fun I am leaving it.

I have to move a couple of the plants on the bottom though because they're not getting enough light.
did I mention that I love my minnows?

**edited for clarity

Attachments

• 20200213_195103.jpg
    20200213_195103.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
@Munroco That's great idea to make plant from wool. Thank you!
@vanalisa i have 2 minnows and 5 danios. Is that too much fish for 30l?
I think that's about a 7.5 gallon?
What shape is the tank?
Are you able to get another tank, if so how big? ?
How long ago did you get your fish?
I am fairly new at keeping any fish besides Betta, but I can tell you what I would do if you answer those questions.
And someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

They both look like females to me.

If you want to breed White Cloud Mountain minnows, buy 6 and put them in a well planted tank. Feed them 3 times a day with a variety of food and do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day or two. The males will display to the females and they lay eggs in plants. The eggs hatch after a few days and the babies can be grown up with the parents. The baby white clouds have a luminescent blue line along the body and resemble tiny neon tetras. The line changes as they grow.
I agree I have bred these once before, very easy to breed, I put a few in a small 20l tank on a window with a big bunch of Java Moss, they breed as soon as it gets light in the morning diving in and out of the java moss. I left the eggs in there with the adults and when the fry hatched they grew up with the adults no problems, I now have a nice group of them, lost the original female but still have the male.

@vanalisa your tank very beautiful. Are they all real plant? My tank size 51cm x 30cm x 25cm. I bought the fish 5 days ago.
@betta fish is it okay to leave the eggs with the adult? Okay. I'll looking for java moss and another fish tank. Thanks

You can have 6-8 white clouds in a 30 litre tank if yu do regular water changes and have an established filter.

Females will not lay eggs without a male present.

They will lay eggs in real or fake plants, but they prefer real. Live plants also have microscopic organisms on them that the baby fish can eat during the first weeks of life.

Male white clouds are more slender than females and have slightly bigger fins and more colour.
Males also have red lips and look like they are wearing lipstick. The females do not. Very easy to tell males from females.

@vanalisa your tank very beautiful. Are they all real plant? My tank size 51cm x 30cm x 25cm. I bought the fish 5 days ago.
@betta fish is it okay to leave the eggs with the adult? Okay. I'll looking for java moss and another fish tank. Thanks
Yes it is fine to leave the adults in there, they don't seem to bother the babies who will hang out in the clump of java moss until they get braver to venture out :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back