White cloud shoals...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mlee0332

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I bought 2 white clouds yesterday to add to my 29g that already had 3. I read that 5 is a great shoaling number, but they dont shoal... They stay scattered all the time now. Actually the 3 that i've had stick together some what and the newbies go all over the place. WIll they just need to get to know one another first?

Is my tank too small?

shaoling/schooling is a defensive behaviour.
they will only do it when they feel threatened.
I bet they will school if you put your hand in the
tank to do something, like move a decoration.

i have loads of schooling fish (eg tiger barbs)they spread put but do interact and shoal when scared or threatened or when eating

I see in your sig that you have guppies, neons and the white clouds, all of which stay pretty small. You could get a peaceful larger fish like a of some sort, and that will make your white clouds more inclined to shoaling 'coz they'll be a bit wary of the larger fish. :)

If your fish are spreading around the tank and not shoaling then this is a good sign. It means they are not stressed, and are happy enough having fellow whiteclouds within general sight. Adding a larger fish will work until the fish get used to the new tankmate, but then (hopefully) they'll go back to being comfortable.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back