April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

JuiceBox52

Passionate about fish and their care
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
So I just watched a youtube video, posted by Aquarium Co-op (many of his videos are good, but some are not) and he said you could have a white cloud minnow breeding tank in a 10g? He said even with multiple generations of fish you wouldn't have to worry about over crowding for a long time... this doesn't seem right to me. White cloud minnows need much more swimming

I'm guessing that he said that frys from multiple generations can be housed in a 10 gallon temporarily until they grow older. Then again, it's better to give them a long aquarium, say a 30" long tank rather than a 20" long aquarium.

I'm guessing that he said that frys from multiple generations can be housed in a 10 gallon temporarily until they grow older. Then again, it's better to give them a long aquarium, say a 30" long tank rather than a 20" long aquarium.
No he said that it could be the sole breeding tank and until it was filled with many generations you wouldn't have to worry about rehoming or selling some

No he said that it could be the sole breeding tank and until it was filled with many generations you wouldn't have to worry about rehoming or selling some
Oh okay. That's really strange for someone who "approves" on overstocking an aquarium.

White Cloud Mountain Minnows (named after the White Cloud Mountains in China, where they originated) need a tank that is at least 18 inches long. The parents don't normally eat the young but older fry will eat newly hatched fry.

White Clouds can produce several hundred eggs in a week and a tank can quickly become full of fish.

Most reactions

Back