White bump on Cory

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Appledookiepie

Reaction score
AFAAC7CC-93B1-495A-A635-C16CA91E876E.jpeg
F32760A1-D5D4-4BFE-9DB4-B8D0F42DE6C0.jpeg
thereā€™s a white bump on my panda coryā€™s cheek/gill and I think itā€™s ich but not completely sure. None of my other fish seem to have ich but that doesnā€™t mean thatā€™s not what it is. Any help is appreciated :)

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

It is not whitespot (Ich).

It almost looks like an egg, albeit a weird place for one to get stuck. Can you post a few more pictures of the fish showing it from the front, back and maybe even the top view?

Does the white thing stick out from the body?

Have you added anything new to the tank in the last 2 weeks?

I posted the best picture I could get from the front, my others wouldnā€™t upload.

Yesterday it just looked like his gill was a little swollen.. so maybe he caught or scratched it on something?

There arenā€™t any other cories in there at the moment, we had a bad sickness come through a few months ago and they passed. Iā€™m quarantining 2 new babies right now.

Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for the next 2 weeks.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, if the filter is less than 6 weeks old, do not clean it. Wash filter materials/ media in a bucket of tank water.

If the spot gets bigger or changes colour, post another picture asap and we can look into medications. It might be fungus

Iā€™ll make sure to deep clean it in the morning. Any other ideas on what it could be? Thanks :)

It's either fungus or s fish egg.

It is not a bacterial infection, nor is it an external protozoan infection, nor external skin parasites.

Just try water changes and cleaning the tank up and see how it looks in a couple of days. If it doesn't improve or gets worse then post pics asap.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back