White Bettas

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

zophie

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi!

My dream betta is a white betta, and today I saw the prettiest one ever. I was just wondering, is there anything you need to know about whiteys? Like, I know that in ferrets, white ones are prone to deafness and same with blue-eyed white cats.

Any problems like that in white bettas?

Thanks!

Hi!

My dream betta is a white betta, and today I saw the prettiest one ever. I was just wondering, is there anything you need to know about whiteys? Like, I know that in ferrets, white ones are prone to deafness and same with blue-eyed white cats.

Any problems like that in white bettas?

Thanks!
May your dream come true :good: The white betta you saw was it solid white with dark eyes or an albino. Albinos lack pigmentation so they look either pinkish white or solid white with red eyes. I'm not sure if the abbinos have trouble seeing or whether light affects their eyes. I have 2 albino corys and they seem pretty normal to me. But I do have 2 beautiful solid white female PK and I much prefer them than an albino. Although I wouldn't say no to one as I think these guys are quite rare.

I saw a beautiful white one at my lfs. Well actually, it wasn't truly white but it was a pearlescent, very pale pink but so light of a pink that it looked almost white. What a beauty!

I've never heard of any problems with white bettas. A lot of bettas that are sold as whites have a pink, blue, or green tint to them in certain lights. I have a Thai imported white HM male that has pink undertones. I also have a Thai imported white HMPK female that looks pure white :D

To answer your question, if it's not albino (red pupil) or dragon scale with white scales covering the eyes, there is no special care needed...

Oh, great!

He had black eyes, and his fins had some blue speckling. If I have a spare tank, I might go get one or ship one in!

If its an Albino....FANTASTIC if it a white normal betta FANTASTIC...love all the pale bettas they are my most favoured fish. Like having little angels :wub: :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back