White and moving poo! What to do?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The two eSHa meds are easier to dose because they come in a bottle with a dropper in the lid and instructions as to how many drops treat what volume of tank. If you get them you'll find the dropper is a squeezy plastic thing - squeeze it very gently or it'll come out so fast you won't be able to count the drops. Try it over the sink first to practice ;)

If you get the wormer plus it comes with a measuring spoon, you just have to scale down the amount in the spoon for your tank size.
It think I'll take the eSHa ones, but which one?

It depends on which type of worms.

Do you ever see little red threads hanging out of the fish's anus when they keep still for a few seconds? Those are camallanus worms. For them you need ndx.

Thank you Colin.

In other words, use eSHa ndx first, then use eSHa gdex. Colin told you in post #13 how to use one then the other.

Thank you all, I'll use ndx first and gdex second and then I'll look for results of the treatment. If I won't see any improvement? Then what should I treat for?
Asking those Qs just in case. I'll order both treatments tommorow.

Do you ever see little red threads hanging out of the fish's anus when they keep still for a few seconds? Those are camallanus worms. For them you need ndx.
No, never saw anything red hanging from fish's anal vent, only white and not flat, tape like, like tapeworms or anything..

If the fish have any worm type parasites inside them, one of those meds will kill them. The instructions will probably say to dose again after a certain time. This is because the meds kill the worms inside the fish but they don't kill the eggs in the tank. Then the fish eat those eggs and get re-infected so the second dose is to kill these worms before they have chance to grow enough to lay their own eggs.

The two meds will not kill internal bacteria or protozoa infections though. Unfortunately for us, we can't get antibiotics (for bacteria) or metronidazole (for protozoans) without a prescription from a vet. The best we can do for these infections is to use eSHa 2000 or Myxazin by Waterlife.

Thank you @essjay , I'll be getting the 3 meds today later on. I absolutely can't wait to use the first dose already. Don't ask me why :blush:

you don't need 3 medications, just get the deworming medication for thread worms and treat them for that. If there's no change after a few doses of that, then try the tapeworm medication.

you don't need 3 medications, just get the deworming medication for thread worms and treat them for that. If there's no change after a few doses of that, then try the tapeworm medication.
Sure I will. I went to my lfs to get some cat food and I asked one of the workers there, he keeps fish himself and he has told me that additionally my mollies have something external and that eSHa 2000 or something else that I don't remember should work for this, I wouldn't do this, but yeah, I'm gonna be stupid now and gonna try it out.
Nothing will stop me now :devil:

If mollies have any external health issues, add some salt to treat them.
2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt per 20 litres of water. Keep salt in the tank for 2 weeks and they are usually good to go.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back